The more complex the automated motion sequence, the more important it is to have an efficient engineering solution that provides convenient access to a wide range of motion control functionalities.
Efficient engineering solutions with our MultiMotion motion control platform
The drive solutions used in machines can be very diverse. Functionality can range from basic speed specification, positioning, and synchronized movement of axes with electronic cams, right through to robotics, where multiple axes are required to follow a precisely defined spherical curve.
The range of drives and drive electronics that are used in these applications is equally diverse. The MultiMotion motion control platform helps users to handle this diversity and quickly achieve their goal thanks to an efficient engineering solution.
The MultiMotion platform focuses on the following:
- As much configuration as possible – complicated programming of complex technology functions is no longer necessary
- As much programming as necessary – flexibility for any customizations needed, with possibility of extensions
- Support via graphical tools – guided configuration of standard functions, user-friendly diagnostics
- Standardized interfaces – access from the application program via a standardized interface
When it comes to creating customized solutions, the MultiMotion motion control platform provides maximum support. Many motion control functions can be accessed directly thanks to graphical configuration, which means you don't waste valuable time on tedious programming. You can still design your application program according to your own requirements and access drive functions via a standardized interface. You can also extend your MultiMotion motion control platform by adding individual technology modules and benefit from the additional functionality provided.
Get in touch with us.
- Our experts understand your industry and requirements.
- Our global network ensures we are there wherever and whenever you need us.
- We have the expertise and the tools to provide optimum advice and support.
Universal platformWe provide support for all controllers in all performance classes as well as the entire range of drive electronics
Comprehensive functionalityThanks to the integration of a wide range of motion control functions
Simple configurationGraphical tools are provided for configuration and diagnostics
Efficient engineeringMany functions can be implemented after simple configuration
MultiMotion motion control platform
Freely programmed applications
- For MOVI-PLC® advanced and MOVI-PLC® power as of technology level T2
- Supports up to 64 axes
- Single axis functions: Positioning, referencing, speed specification, and tracking
- Touch probe function
- Processing of distance encoders
- Technology functions: Synchronous operation, electronic cam functions, and interpolation with different engagement and disengagement mechanisms
- Cam switch for up to 8 cam tracks
MultiMotion Light motion control platform
HandlingKinematics technology module
Configure and customize with ease
- If the configurable CCU HandlingKinematics application module covers all of your functional requirements, but you require greater flexibility, opt for the HandlingKinematics technology module for the freely programmable MOVI-PLC®.
- Effortless configuration of entire motion paths for handling applications
- Ability to extend and modify the fieldbus interface according to your needs: you can control the technology module directly, or via signals in your MOVI-PLC® program
- All sensors and actuators used for motion control can be connected to our MOVI-PLC®
Kinematics technology module
Special paths can be programmed easily
- If your functional requirements go beyond those met by the HandlingKinematics technology module, opt for the Kinematics technology module which offers maximum functionality.
- Maximum flexibility thanks to the ability to access all motion parameters for each motion sequence
- Handling and processing of moved objects
- Synchronization of multiple robots, synchronization with conveyor belts, CAM profiles, etc.
effiSRS technology module for energy-efficient stacker cranes
Supports sustained energy-efficient operation of high-bay warehouses
- Energy-efficient coordination of vertical lifting and horizontal travel axes
- Support for one or two vertical lifting drives
- Slackness detection, buffer storage, optional recovery
Winder technology module
Wind and unwind material at a constant tension or line speed
- Designed for applications that require the winding or unwinding of material based on a constant tension or line speed
- Different winding technologies for different materials and machine situations
- Tension determined by winder via torque control, tension control, and jockey position adjustment
- Speed determined by winder with optional speed control